As many of you know, events surrounding the COVID-19 virus are evolving rapidly and daily. Matthews HELP Center (MHC) is committed to serving our community in the best possible way during this changing environment while taking precautions for the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, clients and customers. We are a resource to help our neighbors during a time of financial struggle and we will do so to the best of our abilities. We know that the population that we serve needs us more than ever and we want to assist in the best possible way. As a result we will be taking some measures to ensure the protection of our MHC community that may change depending on new information.
Financial and food assistance
- In order to continue to assist and limit physical contact our Social Service department will serve our community virtually. We will not resume in house appointments until notice. MHC serves the following zip codes: 28104, 28105, 28226, 28270 and 28079. If you are not in our service area we can provide resources to other organizations that may be able to assist.
- Until further notice, we will only be offering curbside pickup food assistance Monday and Thursday from 10am -1pm by appointment.
- Please visit our website at www.matthewshelpcenter.org and complete the online client inquiry form or call (704)847-8383 and leave a detailed message to determine if you are eligible for our services.
Backporch Treasures Thrift Boutique
- Backporch Treasures is open Monday – Saturday from 10am-5pm.
- Due to COVID19 and the challenges of quarantining items we will only accept thrift shop donations on the following days: Monday, Wednesday and Saturday 10am-3pm.
- Masks will be required while shopping
- We have a limit of 20 shoppers at a time
On behalf of the entire MHC team and Board of Directors, we thank you for your support and continued flexibility as things change throughout this process. We remain dedicated to our work to strengthen, provide help and hope to our community one neighbor at a time. Please visit our website for additional information or to make a financial donation.