Matthews HELP Center’s Social Work department works by appointment. After submitting a client inquiry form on our website, you will receive an email detailing next steps. To be respectful of your time, staff time, & other scheduled client appointments, all documents are required before a phone appointment can be scheduled. It is the client’s responsibility to contact necessary individuals and gather all CURRENT documents.
During your appointment, plan to discuss your financial crisis and what happened, out of the ordinary, to cause this and your plans to be able to maintain moving forward.
Having submitted an inquiry does not guarantee requested assistance.
Below is the list of documents required for an appointment; if you are unable to provide ALL of these documents, please wait to submit an inquiry form until you are able to do so:
- Client Intake Form
- Budget Form
- Current state ID/Driver’s License/Passport
- Valid social security or Tax ID documentation (showing last 4 digits) for each household member
- Proof of Income for all household members
- Proof of Crisis (the situation that caused you to fall behind on bills)
- For Utility Assistance:
- Up-to-date Utility Bill/Late Notice
- For Housing Assistance:
- Lease (Lease MUST be current and fully executed)
- Late Notice
- Up-to-Date Ledger from landlord that breaks down the total amount due
- Landlord Agreement and Consent Form (provided once inquiry is accepted)
- W9 from landlord
*Utility/Housing bills MUST be in the client’s name
If your request is approved, MHC will contact your landlord and/or utility provider to verify information and discuss payment. Payments will be made directly to the vendor.